I have been very excited to read the translated Korean patch notes from the Lineage 2 Korean Power Wiki. It seems that there are a number of serious changes that will affect us on a daily basis – long story short it looks like a lot of fun! Some of the major changes include modifications to the castle siege system including the abolishing of territory wars and I assume the wards themselves. I believe this is a great change because it will require less time from all members of your clan, which could mean higher siege attendance. It seems that the tax system is changing as well, no longer quite so focused around controlling Aden castle. Instead it will be focused on controlling both Rune and Aden castles. It seems the focus is now geared towards PvP against other castle controllers on a regular basis rather than just clan warfare or open PvP against anyone. There is also a new cloak available to all members of clans controlling castles. Stat bonuses for this item include +2 to all base stats, 10% PvP damage reduction, and +15 to all base attribute resistance. The changed tax system will include the merchant of mammon as a source of tax revenue. There will two castle types: light and dark. The serious differences between light and dark castle alignment is that light allows better XP, while dark gives better tax rates. The downfall to dark is that you must defend yourself vs other dark castle clan members at all times.
Without further delay, here are the translated notes reworded to make sense in English. If for some reason you feel there is a mistake in information please send your correction to email@example.com for review. This information may not be perfect, as translating Korean to English isn’t cut and dry… phrases come out backwards, and need serious rewording to make proper sense in English. I have noted which patch notes I was unclear upon by underlining.
- Sale Tax of NPC is set to zero, and one cannot set it to a higher value. (ie you get no taxes)
- All members of clan can take a light themed cloak. (+2 to all base stats, 10% PvP damage reduction, and +15 to all base attribute resistance)
- 3% XP increase to all clan members.
- Skies around the castle are clear and indicate a good aligned castle.
- All characters in clan receive 3000 CP. Previous castle residence skills have been removed.
- 10% damage increase in PvP.
- The clan leader gets a special version of the cloak which adds +3 to all base stats, +15 to all attribute, and 15% PvP damage reduction.
- Sale Tax of NPC is set to 30%.
- NPC sale tax condition is set to 10%.
- All members can collect a dark themed cloak. (+2 to all base stats, 10% PvP damage reduction, and +15 to all base attribute resistance)
- 3000 CP, and 10% damage increase in PvP.
- One can PK clan members that own a darkness castle without incurring PK increase or negative reputation. (essentially a 2-way war)
Taxation Territory Changes
- Talking Island Town is now under Gludio territory tax system.
- Floran Village is now under Dion territory.
- Tax income of all castles will be dictated by the major castle they are attached to, Rune and Aden castles.
- Gludio, Dion, Giran, Oren, Innadril Castles are now under jurisdiction of Aden castle.
- Goddard, Shuttgart are now under jurisdiction of Rune castle.
- All castles will inherit parent castles tax if and only if the parent castle has darkness alignment.
I have some more patch note information coming in a few days. Currently, however, I am struggling with a word that comes across translated from Korean as “Blood Alliance”. I am not sure if this is a new classification of people, like an alignment to join, or if this is just another word for clan? If anybody in the community would give me their opinion on this information I would have much greater clarity for the coming articles on the new daily battle system titled “Festivities of Confusion”.